Monday, December 1, 2008

Florida Trip

For Thanksgiving we went to FL to visit family. We were very excited to see everyone but very happy to be home. 9 days is a long time to be away from home without the help of Daddy. It is nice to be in a routine. But with the help from all the family Easton didn't go 5 minutes without getting some love. I think he became a tad bit spoiled this past week.
We also took our first plane ride. That was fun. Actually the plane was not bad it was the airport that was awful. First off it is 25 degress in Nashville when we leave so we are both really bundled up. We get to the airport, park and check in at the ticket counter. At this point everything is running smooth, until....we get to security. The agent notices that on the ticket it list the child's name as: Amanda, which clearly is not my son's name. So he has to call a supervisor over and get permission to let us through the gate and to prove that my son is actually my son. We only 45 minutes to get to the gate and of course I am in a panic because I know how heavy the carseat is. Once we get through security we have to go through the X-Ray machines and of course the line is long. Not only do we wait another 10 minutes but then I have to take Easton out of his carseat (while he is sleeping and so snuggly wrapped) so we can run it through the machine. Like I would hide anything in my baby's carseat. And if I didn't want to take him out then "They could call a supervisor over"....I don't think so! I have already done that once that morning. So we get through with no alarms going off and take the mile long hike down to the last gate at the airport. You wouldn't believe how heavy the carseat was, how sore my arm was and how many people looked (well stared) at me struggling and didn't even bother to ask if they could help. Once I get there they are already boarding. Nice! Not only do I have to wait for my number to be called but as I am walking down the aisle carrying the carseat people fail to acknowledge that I am coming and proceed to put their elbows in the aisle. It's not my fault they will now have black and blue marks. Once we get to our row (in the back of the plane...which was not full) I turn around to find someone sitting next to us. Are you kidding me? If you know SW then you know it is not assigned seating. Why would you want to sit next to a baby? Nobody wants that seat. Anyhow by this point we are both tired and a little hot because it is 80 degrees on the plane but we settle down and the flight is perfect. He slept the entire time and did not fuss one bit. What a good boy!
Being away from all our family makes us really miss FL. One day we will be back down there. But until then the plane rides and long road trips will have to do.
He also got to meet his Aunt Kellie for the first time as well as his future cousin, Baby Springer, and second cousins, Luka and Baby Reiter. How exciting. Luka is such a handsome little guy. I can't wait until next year when they are both bigger and can really run around.
Also, with me going back to work, Easton will be going to daycare. How bittersweet. He is such a sweet boy in the morning that leaving him will be hard but how exciting it will be when I get home. He is getting really big and I am sure he will enjoy it. All of the teachers are really nice.

No comments: